This 2-day course is designed to give the attendees an overall awareness of the basic concepts of Agile Project Management. We will not focus on a specific method. Instead, we will look at the history, philosophy and implementation paths for companies and individuals looking to integrate the Agile framework into their project management practice.
Participants are eligible to claim 14 PDUs from Project Management Institute (PMI), upon attending this course.
The course objectives of the Agile Essentials are:
- Gain an understanding of Agile Project Management, in comparison to Traditional Project Management
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of the Agile practice within the organisation
- Give a history for the need of Agile Project Management
- Understand the generic Agile process as applied to projects
- Identify the commonly used Agile ceremonies and artefacts
- Become acquainted with the various tools and techniques used in Agile practice
- Recognise the knowledge and skills needed to plan, execute and evaluate an Agile project
The course covers the introductory elements of the Agile Framework of Project Management:
Introduction to Agile
- Introduction to Agile Project Management
- History of Agile Movement
- The Agile Manifesto of Software Development
- The 4 Agile Values
- The 12 Agile Principles
- Characteristics of Agile Projects
- Comparison with Waterfall Project Life Cycle
Roles and Responsibilities in Agile Practice
- The Agile Team
- The Product Owner
- The Development Team
- The Agile Coach
- Where is the Project Manager?
Agile Domains of Practice
- Value-Driven Delivery
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Boosting Team Performance Practices
- Adaptive Planning
- Problem Detection and Resolution
- Continuous Improvement (Product, Process, People)
Agile Generic Process
- Product Envisioning
- Release and Iteration Planning
- Reviews and Retrospectives
Agile Tools and Techniques
- Planning, Monitoring and Adapting
- Analysis and Design
- Product Quality
- Soft Skills and Negotiation
- Value-based Prioritisation
- Risk Management
- Value Stream Analysis
Selecting an Agile Method and Scaling
- Scaling for Distributed Environments
This course is intended for organizations and individuals who seek to understand the value that Agile project management contributes to the success of a project or opportunity. This course is suitable for project managers without formal training in Agile Project Management, team leaders, business analysts, project team members and support staff, and functional managers who are involved in projects or business change.
This introductory course into the Agile practice offers an excellent overview of the Agile Project Management framework for any member of staff with a keen interest to plan and deliver projects in an iterative and incremental way.
This course will assist the participants who aspire to be certified in Agile Project Management, either from APMG, DSDM, SCRUMstudy or PMI.
There are no pre-requisites for the course and examination. However, experience and awareness of business environment and project work is an advantage.
- 25 – 26 Jan 2018
- 9 – 10 Apr 2018
- 26 – 27 Jul 2018
- 25 – 26 Oct 2018