Android Application Course
This workshop is a hands-on guide to designing and building mobile applications using Google’s Android open-source platform. The course explains what Android is, the Android SDK, all essential features, as well as the advanced capabilities and APIs such as background services and notifications. This complete hands-on workshop encourages participants to learn by building a real-life working application, which can serve as a basis for their future Android projects. By the end of the course, each participant will have a complete functional Android application incorporating most of the key features of the platform.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Build your own applications for Android mobile phones.
- Understand how Android applications work, Android application components, manifest, and
- Design Android applications with compelling user interfaces by usingand creating your own layouts using external resources.
- Use Android Web APIs for assessing Web Services such as Twitter in background services
- Take advantage of Android APIs for data storage and retrieval via user preferences, files and local
- Utilize the powerful Android API on maps, speech, medias and hardware to build complex applications
- Debug, test and deploy your own applications on Google Play Store.
Guidance Introduction (Day1)
Android Development Environment
Android App Development
Handling UI Widgets Input Events
Toast, Dialogs and Notifications
|Other User Interface (Day3)
Asynctask Internet Connection
Persistent application data
Location Service (Day4)
This workshop is intended for software developers interested in developing applications for Android mobile phones supporting popular Android versions.
ACAD - Android Certified Associate Developer
The Android Associate Developer Certification ensures that a developer that passes it has the necessary background on the Android platform features and capabilities, is able to solve common app debugging issues that arise in typical development scenarios.
Android Certified Associate Developer (ACAD)
Format: Multiple Choice based questions
Duration: 2 hours
Total Questions: 50
Passing Score: 70%
ACPD - Android Certified Professional Developer
The Android Professional Developer Certification ensures that a developer that passes it is able to solve common app debugging issues that arise in typical development scenarios and is capable of building a typical application with external libraries and common user interface guidelines.
Android Certified Professional Developer (ACPD)
Format: Performance test. Application Development Scenario.
Duration: 8 Hours Hands-on Exam
Total Questions: 2
Passing Score: 80%
All participants should know the fundamental of object oriented programming using JAVA, candidate should be familiar with basic Java SE 1.7++ (classes, control flow statements, instantiation, inheritance, initialization, assignment, method overloading and overriding etc).