Storage Networking Solutions
Assessment, Planning and Design provides delegates with both the management and commercial skills required to perform detailed assessments and align to the development of a service catalogue.
In addition, delegates will need to understand the capabilities and limitations of existing protocols and infrastructures before designing complex storage network solutions.
Exercises engage participants in the same work they will encounter as Storage Architects and Specialists.
- Apply and enhance skills needed to resolve real-world storage and storage networking issues.
- Provide information, job aids, best practices covering SAN assessment, design and optimisation.
- Describe SAN assessment goals, objectives and methodology.
- Discuss SAN design considerations and review best practices.
- Review the capabilities, strengths and limitations of various SAN architectures, strategies, methodologies and technologies.
- Analyse SAN case studies to determine solution sets that satisfy a variety of business and technical requirements.
- Strengthen design capabilities by designing and implementing a SAN, including completing typical SAN port and throughput exercises.
- Assess and monitor SAN I/O performance and recommend improvements.
- Review the topics and technical level of knowledge tested in the SNIA Storage Architect examination