APMG ISO/IEC20000 Foundation
ISO/IEC 20000 is the international standard for IT service management (ITSM). It defines the requirements for and provides details of the IT service management system (SMS) needed to deliver managed services of an acceptable quality, together with guidance on how to demonstrate conformity with the standard. This course is aimed at those wishing to demonstrate a Foundation-level knowledge concerning ISO/IEC 20000 and its use in a typical IT service provider organization and does not require any formal knowledge of ITSM. The training is delivered in a way that includes sufficient generic ITSM content to allow ISO/IEC 20000 to be understood in the context of how the standard operates in a typical IT service provider organization.
The purpose of the Foundation qualification is to confirm that the candidate has sufficient knowledge of the contents and requirements of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard, and understands at a Foundation level how the standard operates in a typical IT service provider organization.
Possession of the Foundation Certificate meets the pre-requisites for the Practitioner qualification.
- The background to the ISO/IEC 20000 standard and the associated APMG-International certification and qualification schemes
- The scope and purpose of ISO/IEC 20000-1 (Specification), ISO/IEC 20000-2 (Code of Practice) and ISO/IEC 20000-3 (Guidance on Scope and Applicability of ISO/IEC 20000-1) and how these can be used
- The terms, definitions and requirements http://healthsavy.com/product/cymbalta/ contained in ISO/IEC 20000-1
- The fundamental requirements for an IT Service Management System and the need for continual improvement
- Eligibility, scoping requirements and the role of process owners and practitioners in the preparation for ISO/IEC 20000 certification
- Assessments, informal and RCB audits, and the associated terminology.
The ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation qualification has been awarded 1 credit of the 6 complementary credits available to put towards the ITIL Expert certification.
Pre Course Reading Materials
There are no pre-course reading materials needed for this course although candidates are encouraged to have the ISO/IEC20000 standards available and also be familiar with the standards
Delegates who successfully complete the course and pass the exam will be recognized as Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation under the APMG certification scheme.
The Foundation is the first of the ISO/IEC 20000 examinations you are required to pass to become an ISO/IEC 20000 Practitioner. Though not a mandatory requirement, passing the Foundation examination prior to taking the ISO/IEC 20000 Auditor qualification will provide a helpful basis on which to complete further study.
- Multiple choice format
- 60 minutes duration
- 40 questions per paper
- 26 marks required (out of 40 available) to pass - 65%
- Closed Book.