Sourcing Governance Foundation
The Sourcing Governance Foundation course provides a basic knowledge of what the main concepts of Outsourcing and Sourcing Governance are and how they can be applied. Best practice shows that implementing and operating a Sourcing Governance Function will require staff awareness and understanding of the key principles and concepts of outsourcing and sourcing governance. In this course an interactive approach is used combining lecture, discussion and exercises.
Together with our partner consultants, we are the pioneer accredited training organization for the Sourcing Governance Foundation certification, which was created by APMG-International in conjunction with International Association of Outsourcing Professionals® (IAOP®).
Undertaking the course and successfully passing the examination qualifies an individual for COS-FP (Certified Outsourcing Specialist™ – Foundation Principles) certification from the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals® (IAOP®).
The course, syllabus and examination are supported by the publication “Outsourcing Professional Body of Knowledge (OPBOK) E/p>
On completion of this 2 day training course, delegates will be able to:
- Recognize and understand the key concepts of outsourcing and sourcing Governance;
- Understand the changing role various departments when outsourcing;
- Understand the challenges of implementing and operating a sourcing governance function;
- Learn the terminology and definitions related to outsourcing and sourcing governance.
- Introduction To Outsourcing And Governance,
- Sourcing Strategy, Scoping The Outsourcing Opportunity,
- Selection Of Providers And Due Diligence,
- Contracting The Services.
- Transition, Demand Supply Governance,
- Implementing A Demand Supply Organization,
- Case Study Discussions
- Feedback Session,
This course is intended for:
Clients and Service providers who have little experience in outsourcing and who want to get a kick-start on this topic.
The Sourcing Governance Foundation examination is a multiple choice, closed-book format exam. There are 40 questions and candidates have 60 minutes to complete the exam. Candidates must achieve 28 correct answers (70%) to pass.
Upon achieving this qualification, candidates will earn the following credits towards their continual professional development:-
- 14 PMI PDUs
- 25 COP points towards IAOP® COP certification
- 15 CEH points towards IAOP® COP recertification
There are no pre-requisites for the course and exam.