SNIA Management & Adminstration
For professionals who are implementing and supporting Storage Networking solutions, and require a comprehensive understanding of the experience needed to tackle the challenges of working with multi-vendor solutions today.
Storage Networking Standards
The Management and Administration course provides a comprehensive understanding of Fibre Channel SAN and SAN Management technologies from a vendor-neutral perspective. Participants will learn about protocols, standards, operation, and general implementation considerations, as well as SAN Management tools and integration with the overall Enterprise Resource Management scheme.
Technology assessments range from the capabilities and limitations of Fibre Channel SANs, to in-depth discussions of complementary technologies that enable the integration of SANs with LAN/MAN/WAN infrastructures to address business and IT goals.
- Identify the key applications enabled by storage networking
- Discuss the capabilities, strengths and limitations of Fibre Channel SAN technology
- Describe and differentiate between the Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop and Switched http://healthsavy.com Fabric topologies
- Describe the Fibre Channel layered protocol architecture and data structure
- Describe Fibre Channel classes of service and flow control mechanisms
- Describe the addressing mechanism used in Fibre Channel networks
- Describe the Fibre Channel fabric login process
- Apply and enhance skills needed to resolve real-world storage and storage networking issues.
- Describe the Routing and Interoperability mechanisms used within SAS and SATA environments.
- Discuss SAN design considerations and review best practices.
- Review the capabilities, strengths, and limitations of various SAN architectures and methodologies.
- Strengthen design capabilities by designing and implementing a SAN, including completing typical SAN port and throughput exercises.
- Review the topics and technical level of knowledge tested in the SNIA Storage Networking Management and Administration exam
This course is intended for the following:
- Individuals who are looking for an in-depth technical understanding of Storage Network solutions and technologies
- Individuals who are currently working in a traditional systems or storage operations environment, including Fibre Channel and IP storage technologies
- Individuals who want to earn the SNIA Storage Engineer Certification.
This course is also intended for individuals who are in technical consulting and support roles that need a more comprehensive understanding of storage networking technologies and solutions. This course is ideal preparation for the SNIA Storage Networking Management and Administration Exam to qualify as a SNIA Certified Storage Engineer. Course content and technical level are targeted for professionals working in roles similar to the following:
- Pre-sales Engineers / Sales Support
- Product/Application Support
- Field Service Engineers
- Systems Administrators
- Data Centre Operations
- Training Personnel
- Technical Project Managers
Participants will be expected to have the following experience:
- Storage Networking Concepts—Foundation, or
- Comptia Storage+ Powered by SNIA & Equivalent experience/knowledge