CompTIA Linux+ is for the IT pro who will use Linux to manage everything from cars and smartphones to servers and supercomputers, as a vast number of enterprises use Linux in cloud, cybersecurity, mobile and web administration applications.
CompTIA Linux+ is the right step for IT professionals utilizing Linux-based systems, whether they are managing infrastructure, cloud workflows, or ensuring the cybersecurity of their organization. Successful candidates will have the skills to:
• Manage hardware and configure systems, including understanding of Linux boot process concepts, kernel modules, network connection parameters, managing storage, cloud and virtualization technologies, and localization options – all within in a Linux environment.
• Operate and maintain systems, including software operations, managing users and groups, working with files, and managing services. Additionally, candidates will be able to explain server roles, automate and schedule jobs, use and operate Linux devices, and compare and contrast Linux graphical user interfaces.
• Apply security topics such as user/group permissions and ownership, access and authentication methods, best practices, logging services, Linux firewalls, and file backup, restoration, and compression.
• Troubleshoot and diagnose Linux issues, including system properties, user issues, application, and hardware issues.
• Demonstrate automation and scripting skills, including basic BASH scripts, version control using GIT, and orchestration processes and concepts.
• Linux Administrator
• Network Administrator
• Technical Support Specialist
• Systems Administrator
• Linux Database Administrator
• Web Administrator
Time limit: 90 minutes.
Number of questions: 60 per exam.
Passing score: 500 (from a scale of 200–800).
Types of questions: Multiple choice with 4–5 options (single or multiple answers) and fill-in-the-blank questions.
- 8 – 12 Jun 2020
- 21 – 25 Sep 2020
- 21 – 25 Oct 2020
- 7 – 11 Dec 2020