A Certified DevOps Specialist understands the requirements to successfully apply DevOps in support of achieving project objectives and realizing strategic business goals. Along with a solid understanding of DevOps process stages, techniques and models, a Certified DevOps Specialist is also required to be proficient in the monitoring and measuring of DevOps initiatives to ensure that entire project lifecycles are carried out as planned.
Module: Fundamental DevOps
This module provides a comprehensive overview of DevOps practices, models and techniques, along with coverage of DevOps benefits, challenges and business and technology drivers. Also explained is how DevOps compares to traditional solution development and release approaches and how the application of DevOps can be monitored and measured for concrete business value.
The following primary topics are covered:
– Business Drivers of DevOps
– IT Roles in DevOps Projects
– Goals and Benefits of DevOps Adoption
– Interoperability and Transparent Collaboration
– Rapid Delivery, Responsive Scalability and Increased Reliability
– Impacts and Challenges of DevOps Adoption
– Automation, Measurement and Unified Metrics
– DevOps Platform and Toolchain
– The 19 Common DevOps Tools, Repositories and Systems
– DevOps Lifecycle and Stages
– Delivery Pipeline, Feedback Loop and Dark Launching
– Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
– Automated Builds and Automated Testing
– Continuous Deployment and Automated Release Management
– Dependency Management, Infrastructure Resource Staging and Compliance Verification
– Introduction to IaC, PaC and CaC
Module: DevOps in Practice
This course delves into the application of DevOps practices and models by exploring how the DevOps lifecycle and its associated stages can be carried out and further identifying related challenges and considerations. In-depth coverage is provided for the application of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) approaches, along with an exploration of creating deployment pipelines and managing data flow, solution versions and tracking solution dependencies.
The following primary topics are covered:
– Understanding Codified Definitions
– Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) and Configuration Modules
– Continuous Testing and Collaborative Version Control
– Immutable Infrastructure and Self-Documented Resources
– Configuration-as-Code (CaC) and Continuous Software Releases
– Traceable Configuration Changes and Configuration Status Awareness
– Programmatic Versioning and Automated Configuration Testing
– Policy-as-Code (PaC) and Policy Systems
– Automated Policy Application and Enforcement Testing
– The 17 Common DevOps Metrics
– Continuous Monitoring
– The 8 Common DevOps Monitors
– Measuring DevOps, Mapping Metrics to Monitors
– Mapping Metrics and Monitors to Pipeline Stages
– DevOps with Microservices and Containers
– DevOps with Cloud Computing and Pay-Per-Use Monitoring
– CI, CD, Continuous Deployment with Microservices and Cloud Computing
– IaC, CaC, PaC with Microservices and Cloud Computing
Module: DevOps Lab
This course module presents participants with a series of exercises and problems that are designed to test their ability to apply their knowledge of topics covered in previous courses. Completing this lab will help highlight areas that require further attention and will further prove hands-on proficiency in DevOps models, practices and strategies, as they are applied and combined to solve real-world problems.
For instructor-led delivery of this lab course, the Certified Trainer works closely with participants to ensure that all exercises are carried out completely and accurately. Attendees can voluntarily have exercises reviewed and graded as part of the class completion. For individual completion of this course as part of a study kit, a number of supplements are provided to help participants carry out exercises with guidance.
This course is targetted for the following audience:
- DevOps Consultants
- DevOps Engineers
- IT Directors
- IT Managers
- Business Analyst
- IT Professionals
DevOps Specialist Certification
A passing grade on Exam DO90.01 is required to achieve the DevOps Specialist Certification.
Duration: 110 minutes
A student can schedule to take any Pearson VUE exam via online proctoring as an alternative to visiting a Pearson VUE testing center. There are certain security requirements that need to be met and the student will be supervised by a live proctor via a webcam. Please see here for more information: www.pearsonvue.com/arcitura/op/
*Note: Students can also purchase an ESL extension when taking a Pearson VUE exam, which will given them an extra 30 minutes of test taking time.
An electronic certificate and a digital certification badge from Acclaim will be sent to students passing the required exam(s).
Learn more about scheduling this exam at a Pearson VUE testing center or for delivery via Pearson VUE Online Proctoring by visiting pearsonvue.com/arcitura.
- 25 – 27 Mar 2019
- 21 – 23 Apr 2019
- 26 – 28 May 2019
- 21 – 23 Aug 2019
- 25 – 27 Sep 2019
- 14 – 16 Oct 2019
- 18 – 20 Dec 2019