The Cloud Certified Professional (CCP) program from Arcitura is dedicated to excellence in the fields of cloud computing technology, mechanisms, platforms, architecture, security, governance and capacity.
An understanding of fundamental cloud computing concepts and terminology are second nature to the Cloud Technology Professional, as well as the advantages, disadvantages, and general implications of using and combining common cloud computing mechanisms and cloud security mechanisms. Possess the ability to associate cloud computing mechanisms to the realization of specific characteristics, benefits, and goals assigned to cloud environments and cloud-based solutions.
Topic 1: Fundamental Cloud Computing
This foundational course provides end-to-end coverage of fundamental cloud computing topics as they pertain to both technology and business considerations. The course content is divided into a series of modular sections, each of which is accompanied by one or more hands-on exercises.
– Fundamental Cloud Computing Terminology and Concepts
– Basics of Virtualization
– Specific Characteristics that Define a Cloud
– Understanding Elasticity, Resiliency, On-Demand and Measured Usage
– Benefits, Challenges and Risks of Contemporary Cloud Computing Platforms and Cloud Services
– Cloud Resource Administrator and Cloud Service Owner Roles
– Cloud Service and Cloud Service Consumer Roles
– Understanding the Software as a Service (SaaS) Cloud Delivery Model
– Understanding the Platform as a Service (PaaS) Cloud Delivery Model
– Understanding the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Cloud Delivery Model
– Combining Cloud Delivery Models
– Public Cloud, Private Cloud, Hybrid Cloud and Community Cloud Deployment Models
– Business Cost Metrics and Formulas for Comparing and Calculating Cloud and On-Premise Solution Costs
– Formulas for Calculating and Rating SLA Quality of Service Characteristics
Topic 2: Cloud Technology Concept
The purpose of this course is to introduce cloud computing-related technology topics in a manner that is accessible to a wide range of IT professionals, as well as to empower participants with an understanding of the fundamental mechanics of a cloud platform, how the different “moving parts” can be combined, and how to address common threats and pitfalls.
– Cloud Computing Mechanisms that Establish Architectural Building Blocks
– Virtual Servers, Containers, Ready-Made Environments, Failover Systems & Pay-Per-Use Monitors
– Automated Scaling Listeners, Multi-Device Brokers & Resource Replication
– Understanding How Individual Cloud Computing Mechanisms Support Cloud Characteristics
– An Introduction to Containerization, Container Hosting & Logical Pod Containers
– A Comparison of Containerization and Virtualization
– Cloud Balancing and Cloud Bursting Architectures
– Common Risks, Threats and Vulnerabilities of Cloud-based Services & Cloud-hosted Solutions
– Cloud Security Mechanisms used to Counter Threats and Attacks
– Understanding Cloud-Based Security Groups and Hardened Virtual Server Images
– Cloud Service Implementation Mediums (including Web Services and REST Services)
– Cloud Storage Benefits and Challenges, Cloud Storage Services, Technologies and Approaches
– Non-Relational (NoSQL) Storage Compared to Relational Storage
– Cloud Service Testing Considerations and Testing Types
– Service Grids and Autonomic Computing
– Cloud Computing Industry Standards Organizations
Topic 3: Cloud Technology Lab
This module provides a set of that require detailed exercises. Both individual and group exercises are provided that require participants to solve a number of inter-related problems, with the ultimate goal of assessing, measuring and planning for the deployment of cloud-based IT resources, and establishing cloud computing technology architectures based on Software-as-a Service (SaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) delivery models.
It is for professionals who seek to acquire knowledge on cloud technology.
- Mid- to senior- level system architects
- System administrators
- IT managers
- Technology consultants
CCP Exam C90.CTP: Cloud Technology Professional
Combined Certification Exam
A student can schedule to take any Pearson VUE exam via online proctoring as an alternative to visiting a Pearson VUE testing center. There are certain security requirements that need to be met and the student will be supervised by a live proctor via a webcam. Please see here for more information: www.pearsonvue.com/arcitura/op/
*Note: Students can also purchase an ESL extension when taking a Pearson VUE exam, which will given them an extra 30 minutes of test taking time.
An electronic certificate and a digital certification badge from Acclaim will be sent to students passing the required exam(s).
Learn more about scheduling this exam at a Pearson VUE testing center or for delivery via Pearson VUE Online Proctoring by visiting pearsonvue.com/arcitura.
- 23 – 25 Jan 2019
- 27 – 29 Mar 2019
- 8 – 10 Apr 2019
- 21 – 23 May 2019
- 24 – 26 Jun 2019
- 22 – 24 Jul 2019
- 26 – 28 Aug 2019
- 9 – 11 Sep 2019
- 21 – 23 Oct 2019
- 25 – 27 Nov 2019