When it comes to enterprise IT, COBIT 5 is the framework of choice. First launched in April 2012, COBIT 5 helps firms take advantage of information resources by incorporating cutting edge enterprise governance and management models. The COBIT 5 IT framework provides a base with which to take advantage of accepted principles, practices, analytical tools and models for working professionals.
Whether you are working in a small to medium enterprise or a large multi-national corporation, undergoing COBIT 5 training is bound to in productivity and increase one’s knowledge base and skill set.
By teaching foundational knowledge combined with a hands-on case study approach, the course caters to existing working professionals in Singapore who do not have any prior experience working with the COBIT 5 framework.
COBIT® (Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies) is widely regarded as the world’s leading control and governance information technology (IT) framework.
At the conclusion of this course, attendees will understand:
- How IT management issues are affecting organizations both negatively and positively
- How effective IT frameworks are used to govern and manage enterprise IT
- How COBIT meets the requirement for an IT governance framework
- How COBIT is used with other standards and best practices
- COBIT 5 functions and advantages of using it
- The COBIT Framework and all the components of COBIT
- How COBIT can be used with reference to real world examples and case studies
On completion of this 3 day training course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the principles and objectives of COBIT
- Identify and know when to use the various components of COBIT
- Understand the ITGI’s approach to IT Governance and how COBIT supports this
- Scope and plan IT Management and Governance initiatives based on COBIT
- Assess IT Management Capability using the COBIT Maturity Models and Control Objectives
- Plan control improvements using Control Objectives and Control Practices
- Create a Performance Measurement framework using COBIT Metrics and Scorecards
- Understand how COBIT aligns with other best practice frameworks and standards such as ITIL, ISO2000, ISO17799 and ISO27001
- Overview of IT Governance COBIT Origins and development COBIT Structure
- Board Briefing
- Control Objectives
- IT Assurance Guidelines
- Implementation Tool Set
- IT Governance Implementation Guide
- Control Practices
- Other COBIT Components
- COBIT Security Baseline
- IT Control Objectives for Sarbanes-Oxley
- COBIT Online
- COBIT Quickstart
- Implementing COBIT
- Focus areas
- Aligning COBIT to other best practices frameworks and standards
Existing business managers, IT professionals and audit personnel who need to gain a foundational understanding of the COBIT 5 framework. The course will enable them to get a clearer understanding of how this IT system can benefit them and their firms.
Examples of professions that will benefit from this course include, IT managers, IT quality professionals, IT leadership, IT developers, IT auditors, managers and process practitioners in IT service providing firms.
There is no pre-requisite for this course. Experience in process and governance would be helpful.
The exam consists of a total of 50 multiple-choice questions per paper. A minimum of 25 marks, out of a total of 50, are required to pass this paper. This 40 minute exam follows a closed book format.
- 12 – 14 Feb 2018
- 30 Jun – 1 July
- 6 – 8 Aug 2018
- 7 – 9 Nov 2018