DevOps is a professional and cultural movement that stresses collaboration, communication, automation and integration to improve the workflow between IT professionals and software developers , delivering business value through software. The DevOps Institute (DOI) and PEOPLECERT are organising emerging DevOps practices into necessary training and certifications to provide common knowledge, specialised skills and recognised qualifications, ensuring high -quality DevOps talent in Singapore and worldwide.
Organisations should stay ahead of their game and be competitive by regularly releasing the latest updated products , as new players enter the markets daily.
The objective of the DevOps Foundation course is to impart a basic understanding of important DevOps terminology so that all its participants are familiar with the language. It also accentuates the advantages of DevOps in supporting organisational success, be it in Singapore or overseas.
With the application of the latest developments from the community as well as real -life examples from organisations such as ING Bank and Disney, learners can expect to equip themselves not only with relevant knowledge but also leverage the interactive exercises to learn actively, ultimately bringing back impactful experiences that can add value to their organisations.
The DevOps training will include ‘The Three Ways’ principle from Gene Kim’s The Phoenix Project, together with the recent updates from the DevOps Institute Upskilling and State of DevOps reports.
The DevOps training course, intended for a wide-ranging audience, will benefit both the business crowd and the technical crowd. While the former gain mastery over microservices and containers, the latter learn the significance of DevOps in cost reduction that comes with improved capacity and efficiency to support the organisation’s objectives.
Unique and exciting activities will allow DevOps Foundation certification holders in Singapore to apply the newly learnt concepts, with sample templates and tools provided after the class.
Upon completion of the course, you will have a deeper understanding of:
- Objectives of DevOps and vocabulary
- Advantages it brings to IT and business
- Improved workflows, communication and feedback loops
- Principles and practices such as the Three Ways, security, testing, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery
- Relationship of Agile, Lean and ITSM to DevOps
- Scaling DevOps for the enterprise
- Automation practices such as deployment pipelines and DevOps toolchains
- Crucial success factors and KPIs
- Real-life case studies and results
- What is DevOps
○ Defining DevOps
○ Why Does It Matter?
- Core Principles of DevOps
○ The Theory of Constraints
○ The First Way
○ The Second Way
○ The Third Way
○ The Three Ways
○ Chaos Engineering
○ Learning Organisations
- Key Practices of DevOps
○ Continuous Delivery
○ Resilience Engineering & Site Reliability
- Frameworks in Business and Technology
○ Safety Culture
○ Learning Organisations
○ Continuous Funding
- Behaviours, Culture & Operating Models
○ Defining Culture
○ Behavioral Models
○ Organisational maturity models
○ Target Operating Models
- Architecting & Automation of DevOps Toolchains
○ DevOps Toolchain
- Metrics, Measurement, and Reporting
○ Why Metrics Is Important
○ Technical Metrics
○ Business Metrics
○ Measuring & Reporting Metrics
- Sharing, Shadowing and Evolving
○ Collaborative Platforms
○ Engaging, Experiential Learning
○ DevOps Leadership
○ Evolving Change
In addition to management, operations, developers, and quality assurance and testing professionals, the DevOps Foundation course is intended for those in the following roles:
- Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations or IT service management
- The following IT roles: Application Developers, Automation Architects, Business Analysts, Business Stakeholders, Business Managers, DevOps Engineers, DevOps Consultants, Change Agents, Consultants, Infrastructure Architects, Integration Specialists, Network Administrators, IT Directors, IT Managers, IT Operations, IT Team Leaders, Lean Coaches, Operations Managers, Project Managers, System Administrators, Systems Engineers, System Integrators, Software Developers, Software Testers/QA, Release Engineers, Tool Providers
- Individuals who require an understanding of DevOps principles
- IT professionals about to enter, or working within, an Agile Service Design Environment
Learners must pass (> 65%) the 60-minute examination that consists of 40 multiple-choice questions in order to obtain the DevOps Foundation Certification in Singapore.
DevOps Institute is responsible for governing and maintaining the certification.
26 – 27
6 – 7
20 – 21
18 – 19
27 – 28
21 – 22
12 – 13
7 – 8
Duration: 2 Days
|Course Fee excluding GST||$1,100.00|
|Course Fee including GST||$1,188.00|
|SME (Company Sponsored Employees) – All Singaporeans and Permanent Residents||$418.00|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 years old and above||$418.00|
|Singapore Citizen and Permanent Resident aged 21 years old and above||$638.00|
- Exam Voucher is optional and can be purchased separately for $350.00
All WSG-SSG Funded courses are eligible for Skillsfuture Credit. Skillsfuture credit can be used for course enrolment by Singaporeans aged 25 and above.
Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA)
Singaporeans under 31 years old are eligible to use their PSEA accounts for this course.
In case your account balance is insufficient, the participant can use the balance of his or her sibling’s PSEA account.