This course delves into the application of DevOps practices and models by exploring how the DevOps lifecycle and its associated stages can be carried out and further identifying related challenges and considerations. In-depth coverage is provided for the application of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) approaches, along with an exploration of creating deployment pipelines and managing data flow, solution versions and tracking solution dependencies.
The following primary topics are covered:
- Understanding Codified Definitions
- Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) and Configuration Modules
- Continuous Testing and Collaborative Version Control
- Immutable Infrastructure and Self-Documented Resources
- Configuration-as-Code (CaC) and Continuous Software Releases
- Traceable Configuration Changes and Configuration Status Awareness
- Programmatic Versioning and Automated Configuration Testing
- Policy-as-Code (PaC) and Policy Systems
- Automated Policy Application and Enforcement Testing
- The 17 Common DevOps Metrics
- Continuous Monitoring
- The 8 Common DevOps Monitors
- Measuring DevOps, Mapping Metrics to Monitors
- Mapping Metrics and Monitors to Pipeline Stages
- DevOps with Microservices and Containers
- DevOps with Cloud Computing and Pay-Per-Use Monitoring
- CI, CD, Continuous Deployment with Microservices and Cloud Computing
- IaC, CaC, PaC with Microservices and Cloud Computing
This course is relevant to anyone requiring an understanding of DevOps, including organisational leaders and managers wanting to understand the value of DevOps practices, or those who work in a DevOps environment.
Exam DO90.01: DevOps Specialist Certification
• Only applicable for students who have completed the DevOps Module 1, Module 2 and Module 3 course.
A passing grade on Exam DO90.01 is required to achieve the DevOps Specialist Certification.
Duration: 110 minutes
Exams that are passed with a grade that is 10 or more percentage points greater than the passing grade are considered to have been passed with honors. Whether you pass exams with a regular passing grade or with an honors grade is shown in your exam history on your AITCP account. A special version of certificate is issued indicating that the accreditation was attained with honors and displaying a special gold-coloured seal.