This course provides a comprehensive overview of DevOps practices, models and techniques, along with coverage of DevOps benefits, challenges and business and technology drivers. Also explained is how DevOps compares to traditional solution development and release approaches and how the application of DevOps can be monitored and measured for concrete business value.
The following primary topics are covered:
- Business Drivers of DevOps
- IT Roles in DevOps Projects
- Goals and Benefits of DevOps Adoption
- Interoperability and Transparent Collaboration
- Rapid Delivery, Responsive Scalability and Increased Reliability
- Impacts and Challenges of DevOps Adoption
- Automation, Measurement and Unified Metrics
- DevOps Platform and Toolchain
- The 19 Common DevOps Tools, Repositories and Systems
- DevOps Lifecycle and Stages
- Delivery Pipeline, Feedback Loop and Dark Launching
- Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Automated Builds and Automated Testing
- Continuous Deployment and Automated Release Management
- Dependency Management, Infrastructure Resource Staging and Compliance Verification
- Introduction to IaC, PaC and CaC
This course is relevant to anyone requiring an understanding of DevOps, including organisational leaders and managers wanting to understand the value of DevOps practices, or those who work in a DevOps environment.
Exam DO90.01: DevOps Specialist Certification
• Only applicable for students who have completed the DevOps Module 1, Module 2 and Module 3 course.
A passing grade on Exam DO90.01 is required to achieve the DevOps Specialist Certification.
Duration: 110 minutes
Exams that are passed with a grade that is 10 or more percentage points greater than the passing grade are considered to have been passed with honors. Whether you pass exams with a regular passing grade or with an honors grade is shown in your exam history on your AITCP account. A special version of certificate is issued indicating that the accreditation was attained with honors and displaying a special gold-coloured seal.
- 6 – 8 August 2018
- 7 – 9 November 2018