The purpose of the ITIL 4 Foundation qualification is to introduce the management of modern IT-enabled services, to provide an understanding of the common language and key concepts and to show how the organisation and the work can be improved with the ITIL 4 guidance.
The Foundation level is designed as an introduction to ITIL 4 and enables candidates to look at IT service management through a BRAND NEW end-to-end operating model for the creation, delivery and continual improvement of tech-enabled products and services.
ITIL 4 expands on previous versions by providing a practical and flexible basis to support organizations on their journey to the new world of digital transformation. It provides an end-to-end IT/digital operating model for the delivery and operation of tech-enabled products and services and enables IT teams to continue to play a crucial role in wider business strategy.
This 3 days instructor-led training course will cover the following:-
1 – Key Concept of Service Management
• Service, Service Management Utility/Warranty, Customer/User
• Creating value with Organisation, Outcomes, Outputs, Cost, Risk
• Service Offering, Service Provision, Service Relationship Management, Service Consumption
2 – ITIL Guiding Principles
• Focus on value
• Start where you are
• Progress iteratively with feedback
• Collaborate and promote visibility
• Think and work holistically
• Keep it simple and practical
• Optimise and automate
3 – Four Dimensions of Service Management
• Organisations and People
• Information and Technology
• Partners and Suppliers
• Value Streams and Processes
4 – ITIL Service Value System (an overview)
5 – ITIL Service Value Chain
• Service Value Streams
• Value Chain Activities – Plan, Improve, Engage, Design & Transition, Obtain/Build, Deliver & Support
6 – Purpose of key ITIL Practices
• Information Security Management, Relationship Management, Supplier Management, Availability Management, Capacity & Performance Management, IT Asset Management
• Service Continuity Management, Monitoring and Event Management, Release Management, Service Configuration Management, Deployment Management
7 – Definitions of Important ITIL terms
• Availability, IT Asset, Configuration Item, Change
• Event, Incident, Problem, Known Error
8 – Purpose and Contribution of Key Practices in Service Value Chain
• Continual Improvement Model, Change Control, Incident Management, Problem Management, Service Request Management, Service Desk, Service Level Management
This course aims at those IT Practitioners including user- interfacing frontline staff, IT Consultants, IT Service Providers and IT Managers who are involved in the developing, designing, managing and delivering IT Services within the organization.
Delegates who successfully complete the course and pass the examination will be recognized as certified with ITIL® Foundation certificate under the AXELOS certification scheme. Delegates who do not attain a passing score for the examination would be awarded a course attendance certificate only.
There are no prerequisites to attending the ITIL® Foundation course or for sitting for the ITIL® Foundation certification examination.
The duration of the Certification Examination is 60 minutes.
It is a closed-book paper containing 40 MCQ (multiple choice questions) with 4 possible choices to select from for each question. Only one out of the four options is the correct answer. Each of the 40 questions carries 1 mark for the correct answer. A candidate is expected to answer all questions and must attain a score of 65% (26/40) and above to pass the examination and qualify for ITIL ® certification.
- 26 – 28 Feb 2019
- 25 – 27 Mar 2019
- 22 – 24 Apr 2019
- 21 – 23 May 2019
- 24 – 26 Jun 2019
- 22 – 24 Jul 2019
- 19 – 21 Aug 2019
- 23 – 25 Sep 2019
- 21 – 23 Oct 2019
- 18 – 20 Nov 2019
- 16 – 18 Dec 2019