Think within the Scrum method and the underlying values and principles to better understand what to do when returning to the workplace and facing complex decisions.
- Gain a clear understanding of the rules of Scrum through the empirical foundation of Scrum.
- Act as a Scrum Master for Scrum Teams as well as stakeholders from an in-depth understanding of servant-leadership.
- Effectively be able to start up Scrum or increase its effectiveness if already underway.
- The 2-day Professional Scrum Master course covers the principles and empirical process theory underpinning the Scrum method, and the role of the Scrum Master in it. This course is a combination of instruction and team-based exercises, and teaches what is at the heart of the Scrum and Agile movement.
Throughout the course, students are challenged to think in terms of the Scrum principles to better understand what to do when returning to the workplace. In this course, students work on real-life cases with other classmates together as a team. This course is made up of discussions and hands-on exercises based upon real-life cases.
Module 1 – The Agile Methodology and Scrum Framework
Introduction to Agile History of Agile Movement
– The Agile Manifesto of Software Development
– Scrum Basics
– Product Vision
– Scrum Artefacts
Module 2 – Roles and Responsibilities in Scrum Teams
– Scrum Teams: Cross-functional, Self-organizing
– The Product Owner
– The Development Team
– The Scrum Master
– Where is the Project Manager?
Module 3 – Scrum Events
– The Daily Stand-up
– Sprint Planning
– Sprint Review
– Sprint Retrospective
Module 4 – Coaching and Facilitation
– Introduction to Facilitation
– Team Essentials: Motivation, Performance, Composition
– Scrum Master in relation to Product Owner
– Scrum Master in relation to Development Team
– Scrum Master in relation to Other Teams
The Professional Scrum Master course is for anyone involved in product development using the Scrum method. It is particularly beneficial for those people within an organization accountable for getting the most out of Scrum, including Scrum Masters, managers, and Scrum Team members.
The format of the PSM I examination is as follows:
- Passing score: 85%
- Time limit: 60 minutes
- Number of questions: 80
- Format: Multiple choice, Multiple answers and True/False
- Language: English only
- Method: Online
- 28 Feb – 1 Mar 2019
- 6 – 7 Jun 2019
- 15 – 16 Aug 2019
- 7 – 11 Nov 2019