The end result for of this course is to enable the participant the following capabilities:
Jumpstart and experience the role of Vulnerability assessment has in supporting the cybersecurity program in an enterprise.
In this 2 Days Workshop, you will achieve the following:
- Understand the importance and benefits of Vulnerability Assessment
- Understand the Value and Role of Security in supporting Enterprise Governance
- Understand the benefits of Risk Based Approach
- Understand the different types of Vulnerability and its dependency.
- Understand the approach Vulnerabilities assessment of the Network, Services and Application.
- Understand the value and importance of Vulnerabilities Reports.
- Discuss the importance and value proposition of Vulnerability Assessment
- Benefits of Vulnerability Assessment
- Overview of Vulnerability assessment process
- Review of Risk Analysis and Risk Management
- Discuss the Different type of Vulnerabilities its possible impacts and best practices to mitigate.
- Discuss the importance of classification of Vulnerability
- Overview of different type of Vulnerability e.g. Buffer overflow, IIS directory Traversal, known backdoors, information, leaks, path disclosure
- Overview of the best practices.
- Discuss and review the Network Security Assessment Platform used and various approaches to assess the vulnerability of the network.
- Overview of components of Network Security Assessment Platform
- Overview of various techniques and tools used to acquire information of the targeted Network environment
- Discuss and review the various approaches to assess the vulnerability of the Web Applications and Web Servers.
- Overview of various techniques and tools used to acquire information and exploit Web Servers.
- Overview of various techniques and tools used to acquire information and exploit Web Applications and Database.eg Web application profiling, Sql Injection
- Review and discuss the impact of Web application and database attack strategies with various tools to obtain sensitive information. Eg Cross-Site Scripting, IIS Directory Traversal.
- Discuss and review the various approaches to assess the vulnerability of the Remote Access and VPN services
- Review of supporting network services, Remote Information Services and Vulnerabilities
- Review of Remote Maintenance Services and Vulnerabilities
- Review of IP VPN Services and Vulnerabilities
- Discuss and review the Vulnerability Tools deployed and vulnerability reports generated.
- Review of tools deployed for Discovery and Vulnerability scans.
- Overview of Post Vulnerability Assessment activities and tools.
This is the right course for Executives Professionals who would like to have an appreciation and understanding of vulnerability assessment.
- 24 – 25 Jan 2019
- 29 – 30 Apr 2019
- 29 – 30 Aug 2019
- 5 – 6 Dec 2019