The Palo Alto Networks Firewall 8.1:
Troubleshooting course is three days of instructor-led training that will help you:
- Investigate networking issues using firewall tools including the CLI
- Follow proven troubleshooting methodologies specific to individual features
- Analyze advanced logs to resolve various real-life scenarios
- Solve advanced, scenario-based challenges
Successful completion of this three-day, instructor-led course will enhance the participant’s understanding of
how to troubleshoot the full line of Palo Alto Networks® next-generation firewalls.
Participants will have opportunities to perform hands-on troubleshooting of common problems related to the configuration and operation of the features of the Palo Alto Networks® PAN-OS® operating system.
Completion of this class will help participants develop an in-depth knowledge of how to troubleshoot visibility and
control over applications, users, and content.
• Course level: Advanced
• Course duration: 3 days
• Course format: Lecture and hands-on labs
• Platform support: Palo Alto Networks® next-generation enterprise firewalls running the PAN-OS® operating system
• Module 1: Tools and Resources
• Module 2: CLI Primer
• Module 3: Flow Logic
• Module 4: Packet Captures
• Module 5: Packet-Diagnostics Logs
• Module 6: Host-Inbound Traffic
• Module 7: Transit Traffic
• Module 8: System Services
• Module 9: SSL Decryption
• Module 10: User-ID™
• Module 11: GlobalProtect™
• Module 12: Escalation and RMAs
Security Engineers, Security Administrators, Security Operations Specialists, Security Analysts, Network Engineers, and Support Staff
Participants must complete the Firewall 8.1 Essentials: Configuration and Management (EDU-210) course.
Participants must have strong practical knowledge of routing and switching, IP addressing, and networksecurity concepts, and at least six months of on-the-job experience with Palo Alto Networks® firewalls.
- 2 – 4 Jan
- 16 – 18 Apr
- 13 – 15 Aug
- 18 – 20 Nov