On completion of this 3 day training course, students will be able to understand the principles and objectives of COBIT. Identify and know when to use the various components of COBIT. Understand the ITGI’s approach to IT Governance and how COBIT supports this scope and plan IT Management and Governance initiatives based on COBIT. Assess IT Management Capability using the COBIT Maturity Models and Control Objectives. Plan control improvements using Control Objectives and Control Practices. Create a Performance Measurement framework using COBIT Metrics and Scorecards. Understand how COBIT aligns with other best practice frameworks and standards such as ITIL, ISO2000, ISO17799 and ISO27001.
Over the years, best practice frameworks have been developed and promoted to assist in the process of understanding, designing and implementing enterprise governance of IT (EGIT). COBIT 2019 builds on and integrates more than 25 years of development in this field, not only incorporating new insights from science, but also operationalizing these insights as practice. From its foundation in the IT audit community, COBIT has developed into a broader and more comprehensive information and technology (I&T) governance and management framework and continues to establish itself as a generally accepted framework for I&T Governance.
Learners will dive into the heart and structure of the COBIT framework, including:
• New framework introduction
• Key concepts and terminology
• Governance and Framework Principles
• Governance system and components
• Governance management objectives
• Performance management
• Designing a tailored governance system
Course Learning Outcomes:
• Recognize the context, benefits and key reasons COBIT is used as I&T Governance framework.
• Explain the key attributes of COBIT framework.
• Compare the COBIT principles for governance system framework.
• Describe the components of a governance system.
• Describe the elements of governance and management objectives.
• Differentiate COBIT based performance management using maturity and capability perspectives.
• Discover how to design a tailored governance system using COBIT.
• Explain the key points of the COBIT business case
• Describe the relationships between the COBIT Design and Implementation Guides.
This course is for any stakeholder with responsibilities for the governance and management of enterprise information and technology
There is no pre-requisite for this course. Experience in process and governance would be helpful.
COBIT 2019 Foundation certificate examination duration is 120 minutes and is a closed-book online paper containing 75 MCQ (multiple choice questions). A candidate must attain a score of 65% to pass the exam.
- 29 – 31 Jan 2020
- 6 – 8 Apr 2020
- 27 – 29 Jul 2020
- 26 – 28 Oct 2020