ITIL certified professionals are some of the most sought after IT professionals in the various industries. They are taught to implement ITIL practices and provide businesses with a functional framework for identifying, planning, and executing supporting IT services to its core business functions.
However, the IT industry is constantly evolving. Employees are encouraged to update their skillset regularly to ensure they stay relevant. This is also applicable to many ITIL certified professionals. The foundation course is merely the first stepping stone, with further options available to those interested in expanding their knowledge base.
The ITIL 4 Specialist: Create, Deliver & Support (CDS) course is one of the prerequisite course one has to take to become an ITIL 4 Managing Professional. If you have already passed your foundation course and are looking to upgrade your skillset, you should consider signing up for the CDS course. Let us provide a brief overview of the CDS course so that you can better understand if this class is suitable for you.
Who is the CDS course for?
The target demographic for the CDS course includes:
- Existing ITIL practitioners looking to expand their knowledge base
- ITSM managers
- ITSM practitioners overseeing the operation of IT-enabled products and services
- IT practitioners managing end-to-end delivery of IT-enabled products and services
- Anyone with a keen interest in value streams and their application to new and existing IT services
It is also applicable for IT professionals whose roles and responsibilities include:
- Service delivery and deployment of IT products
- Monitoring and support of IT services and products
- Ensuring that IT services are delivered and supported to agreed levels
Key learning outcomes
Enrolling in the CDS course will equip you with the relevant knowledge to:
- Enhance the current IT services provided by the company.
- Improve user experience with the company’s products.
- Ensure working methods are aligned to the company’s IT functions and business strategies.
- Effectively measure the company’s service performance.
- Enhance the company’s workflow and value stream to increase productivity among the various departments.
- Plan and manage resources into effective value streams.
- Integrate new technologies into the company’s existing workflow to ensure it continues to evolve when new ideas emerged.
- Streamline the company’s workflow by combining ITIL guiding principles with various existing frameworks, such as Agile and DevOps.
Benefits of obtaining the ITIL 4 Specialist: CDS certification
Possessing an ITIL 4 Specialist: CDS certification can:
1. Boost your skills
The course will provide you with up-to-date skills and knowledge, so you are better equipped to navigate the digital service industry.
2. Enhance your career
The ITIL 4 certification is recognised by various organisations globally, and those in possession of the certificate are constantly in high demand. As a result, they can command a better salary.
3. Deliver value to your company
Your knowledge of ITIL guiding principles enables you to deliver value to your company by streamlining and improving existing work processes. The optimised workflow also leads to better communication between the various IT teams, making it easier for you to coordinate and manage them.
We hope this brief overview has provided you with the relevant information you need to determine if the course is suitable for you. If you are interested in signing up for the course, you can consider enrolling in BridgingMinds’s ITIL 4 Specialist: Create, Deliver & Support classes. The session begins on 7 June, so hurry up and sign up now before the slots are filled up!
Additionally, you may wish to consider our agile courses to complement the skillsets you are learning in our ITIL 4 classes. With the IT industry’s emphasis on streamlining development processes, these two certifications will stand you in good stead in the upcoming future, as various organisations look to adopt these practices.